Sunday, November 2, 2014

A Bicycle in the Mud

There are many many comforting verses found for those who are grieving. We simply have to stand on those promises, and that is what is difficult. It is like laying down our burdens at the cross of Calvary, and picking it up again, immediately afterwards. Grief is intensely personal, and we should not be telling others how they should be doing it. Grief  affects us in many ways.  One thing is for sure, that our loved one will continue to be part of my life and influence me until the day I die.

Today a stroll through Bear Creek Park was memorable. As I was canvassing on behalf of someone for the election for a school board trustee position, I saw many families. They welcomed the election cards, and resumed their time with their children. Some were helping their children on the jungle gym, pushing children on the swings, and caring for them. Baby strollers were carefully guarded by dedicated parents. I was reminded of the last time I was in the park. It was a day before Deborah's funeral, and the time before that, was likely on the day of her graduation. We took so many lovely photos by the rhododendron bushes, and flowers that day. The family was there to support her, and admire her loveliness, and pretty dress. It was a summer day then, picturesque, in fact. A milestone completed. We were all together.

Today was different, half the tree leaves were on the ground, red and orange. The grass was wet and soggy. The flowers had wilted. Autumn photo's were taken by visitors passing by. Pets and families had their photo's done under the trees. An old bicycle was planted in one spot, with it's wheels firmly planted in the soil. It's baskets were carrying  flowers in it's rear compartments and one was hanging in the centre of the steering handle. The bicycle is pink in colour; a new addition to the decor this year. I couldn't help but think that I am like that bike, going nowhere, just stuck in the mud.

“Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows my name. When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honour him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.” - Psalm 91:14-16
 

Encouraging Verses

http://lynndove.com/2013/12/06/25-encouraging-scripture-verses-for-those-who-are-grieving/

1 comment:

  1. Photo of bicycle taken in the rain by my husband, just added

    ReplyDelete