Friday, October 30, 2015

Dear Friends

My dear friends, I think you know the sense of urgency in my posts, and the message that is contained in them.  Our lives can change in a second, and we have no idea where our next breath is coming from. If we think that we are in control of our lives we are mistaken. Every moment is a gift from above. Every moment is a test, a trial, a rehearsal for what is to come. Please re visit some of my recent posts, there is much to learn, and each day, I am amazed how God continues to sustain us, and reveal things to us in these last days,, just enough to keep our eyes on Him, in humble adoration of of His Mighty works.
Today, a well to do friend's foot bones broke, as he slipped on the wet grass. All of a sudden, from an active senior, he will be laid up in bed after his needed surgery. In some cases, it is not the devil, who has unfortunate things happen to us, but God is putting us in that predicament, to slow us down, or teach us a lesson,   For instance we read the story of how it was God who put Joseph in the pit..And how marvelous was that for the millions that he would feed in Egypt during the seven years of famine that came upon that land. I hope you all realize that there is famine coming to this land too. Firstly , a famine to know God, a hunger for His Word.. and also later, the actual famine upon the whole world.  Studying the Book of Revelations will tell you that. You don't have to be religious, I'm telling you. You have to be saved, have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, (no other god), Be forgiven, and forgive others. Be Holy.. I already posted before the 4 steps to salvation, if you don't know just google it.. 
On a personal level, we are stretched with illnesses, stretched financially, emotionally, and struggling to stay on the straight and narrow. We are in need of much more patience. My doctor fears that I have stopped living, and may end up in a hospital. He hasn't said it to me directly, but he has implied it to my family members. If only, he knew that I have stopped living in many ways. My life alone is in Christ Jesus, I do not live for myself. I haven't for decades, in fact. When you become a child of God, you are no longer in charge of your day, your week or your years. Every day you ask, what He would have you do. 
 My husband is not liking all the work that goes with a house that is big. Deborah's death has made us tired, of maintaining all the 'stuff' that has accumulated over the years. Her empty room daily reminds us of our sorrow. We walk by her room, looking in if she is home.. We feed her fish daily, and my one daughter is animate about keeping Daffony's water bowl clean. Moonshine picked up fleas from I have no idea where, maybe Brindle who visits us from the suite below. So we have been applying her ointment, and setting up night lamps with the soapy water container below, just in case we can catch a flee. We have never had flea's before.. One box of this ointment has cost me 90 dollars alone.. now I may need some "flea bomb" where we have to vacate the house for a day..So far, I only caught one flea in my dish soap, and we vacuum often, so it is not an infestation, only a nuisance. We gave up our paper route, as I was the one doing half the route, since my husbands joints are bothering him at best. I hope we cut the grass for one last time, and winterized as best we could. My daughter who is almost through with her nursing school is commuting now to another municipality. It is wonderful to hear laughter from their suite, as the newlyweds, share their lives together, cook, clean, work, and laugh and play. I admire their sweet lives and joy. My daughter has a hearty laugh, like Deborah did, and it is so nice to hear the JOY>. I have no news to report back to you on the memorial bench that was to go up in Bear Creek park. I have not yet been notified of any developments. One really strange thing did happen to me, I was in a line up  at the cashier in a grocery store. Three people behind me nodded his head in a greet fashion. He was the funeral director, who we bought the plot of land from. After paying for my groceries I went up to him, asked how his day was at work..'not realizing at the time that it was a stupid question'. Then I suggested that he watches Kurt Juergens on you tube, He then asked why, and I said because the graves are soon opening. He asked me when, and I told him likely within a week. He was silent in his long black trench coat, and I could tell he was uncomfortable in his space/shoes. Imagine, having a job at a cemetery.. The grave cannot contain the dead.. They will all SOON rise!!! I wonder if he had anyone else sound as confident as I was in sharing the Good News!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment