Friday, October 9, 2015

Brindle is Recovering

Today, we brought Brindle home from the hospital. She was so medicated that she had to be brought out on a stretcher to the car. She is only 110 pounds, less then what we thought, and sadly, she had to have her uterus removed. No more Brindle pups, poor thing. She still has an interveneous line in her, but tomorrow morning that will be coming out. She is so dopey. Had we waited longer, she could have died prematurely. It is a very serious condition for a dog of about 7 years. Hopefully, now, she will feel better, and her appetite will return. She had excellent care, and I would highly recommend this animal hospital. Now for the next week or two, she will need to be walked on a leash, avoid lots of stairs, and rest lots. Her owner loves her dearly, and we all carried her to her bed on a big Martha Stewart blanket.

This afternoon, I also bought an organic free range turkey at our favorite place called J.D Turkey farms. I bought a utility grade turkey, with just a little skin missing on it. This brought the price down quiet a bit. I managed to also buy some Mennonite sausages, and cranberry breakfast sausages. I will be making my own stuffing, and cranberry sauce for thanksgiving dinner. I hope there will be several people here who do not have the means of having their own holiday dinner this year. The responsibility still falls primarily on me, to at least supervise, if not prepare all of the meal. Last year was a blurry for me as it was our first holiday without Deborah. Now my focus is on other families who have lost children, parents and grandparents this year. I want to let them know that they too can be over comers.  Tomorrow, I will be taking a bouquet of flowers to the graveside.

No comments:

Post a Comment