Thursday, March 12, 2015

Wood Chips in My Garden

This is just half of what was delivered
This should keep the ground moist and fertile
This week, I had a dump of wood chips delivered to my driveway, in order to cover my back lawn area. I recall Deborah helping us a year or two ago pushing wheel barrels after wheel barrels of the mulch up the ramp on our two steps. She enjoyed outdoor work, and always pulled up her sleeves when she saw the need. It is a tedious, boring job, but  so worth it. Imagine the money I'll save by not having to water, weed and fertilize, and trim the grass in the back. Even, further, I have so much more time, while nature makes me the most beautiful black soil imaginable. I am so grateful for this free delivery.  If you ask enough folks who chop trees, you can specify to them the gardening type of mulch you want. You do not want the acidic evergreen type alone. It has to be a blend of deciduous variety. Had I ordered it from a company, it would have been over $500 dollars, plus ground preparation fees also. I think my children will just have to get used to the idea that we are different. Wedding or no wedding, we are going to have bark mulch in our back yard. The monotony of the job shows the character of a person. For instance, a young person may not have any problems with pulling weights on a pulley for hours, but shoveling  containers full of mulch may be boring. It is interesting for sure. I think having bought two bags of chicken manure, and spreading them under our fruit trees didn't help the pallet -ability of the job experience either. I bought a few hyacinths and pink bushes of heather named Erica. I will place the heather on Deborah's graveside on her birthday, approaching this weekend. We know that because God promised us eternal life, I am sure to meet her again on the other side. God does not lie. His every precious Word is truth. He did say, our household shall be saved, though because He (The Holy Spirit) is a gentleman, he is not forcing anyone to go there. We are being tested here, in the deepest ways, and God is watching how we will come out. We can tell the true character of a person, after pain has been inflicted on them.
Happy Birthday Deborah-You blossom for Jesus now.


I recommend you watching Back to Eden Gardening.
First film
 http://www.backtoedenfilm.com/
Second film to watch on his farm in California
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM_gtZb8qyk

No comments:

Post a Comment