Monday, March 30, 2015

One of those days

Today was one of those days, when all you feel you've accomplished is having your hands in dish water all day long. Cleaning counters, cleaning fridge shelves, were just the start. Pots waiting to be scrubbed, pet dishes a mess, cupboards and stove full of grease. The recycling bins and garbage full. Pet hair everywhere. 

   My Japanese student left this morning. Bedsheets needing to be washed. I even washed my husbands keys and cell phone today.  We'll see what happens to his phone! I scrambled to wash his clothes as he had no shower for a few days due to his swollen joints, and I washed his jacket and other garments. I made sure that the coat had nothing in it, but I suppose we overlooked the loose fitting gym pants. He showered on a chair in the tub. I hauled the walker that I bought many months ago at a seniors home, out of the garage first thing this morning. If it wasn't for this apparatus, we would not have made it for his treatment at the hospital this morning. Foresight is better than hindsight they say. Thankfully they determined that he has no MRSA, the super bug, and the very harsh intervenes drip was discontinued. So now a gentler antibiotic is used, and hopefully this will work.

By the afternoon, after visiting my own doctor as he had some forms filled out for me, I just had to stretch out on the sofa. I saw on the news that today, was the fireman's funeral who committed suicide, due to post traumatic stress disorder. Many many firemen honored him, and came from all over Canada. What a lovely man, I thought, still so young. I hope many people will keep mental health related issues in the forefront, as there needs to be a place for these people to recover, other than a hospital setting.

Today, on my way home, I also stopped by Deborah's graveside. I have not had time to go for a few weeks as mounting demands kept me occupied. She still had lovely carnations, and flowers on her grave, as well as a potted plant, that is an annual. Her happy birthday balloon still present on her grave. After retrieving some of the wilted flowers I headed to my car, only to meet a lady on a yoga mat who lost her husband. She told me it has been six months since he died of leukemia, but she still comes almost daily. Though her faith is in Jesus, and her husband has a beautiful scripture from the book of Psalms on his grave, she has not been able to move on. His death was anticipated, he expressed a peace that he made with God, and he was gone in two weeks. Despite this she was still lonely, and missed him immensely. White tall roses, and shorter red ones adorned his grave. I told her that we are to expect the graves to open soon, for the dead will rise first. (See my blog- The dead will rise first). Soon our loved ones will come back to life again. I am expecting this.

No comments:

Post a Comment