Friday, March 27, 2015

Phone Call from Mexico

Today, I had a surprising phone call from one of my former Mexican students. She was here over four years ago, in my estimation. We had formed a close bond. She called me twice, once on my cell which had bad reception, and secondly on my land line, which finally allowed us to talk. After a few minutes of sweet talk, she said that she had something important to say. A person approached her and told her the story about our plight with Deborah's departure due to suicide. She specifically asked my student who calls me her second mom, to call us and let us know the following. I know that my student was taken back by all this, as she had not told this person anything about our story. She is aware that we are a family of faith, as I gave her a bible upon her departure. Her voice was trembling when she told me the following: that Deborah was in a good place, and she is fine; that Deborah want's us to stop crying, and thirdly, that she wants us to be happy. The woman who had this word of knowledge or prophecy,  told my student to call us and let her parents know of these things. I had the conference speaker on as she relayed the woman's message to us. We acknowledged this message as genuine, and sobbed. We know in our head that she is in a good place, but it is hard to be happy and not miss Deborah in our heart and daily lives. We will take comfort in these requests, and continue to believe that somehow, it will all work together for the good, to those who love God and who are called according to His purpose. May His will be done, and we know that our separation is not a lengthy one.

This was only the second time we had talked on the phone in four years. She is trying to come out to the wedding in June, but finances are difficult, and visas would have to be acquired. Please pray for her that the door would open for her to come to Canada. She is a gem of a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment