Friday, October 17, 2014

Sad Reflection

I feel like I'm in a whirlwind, caught up in the air, and never touching ground. As if the filth and rubble of the sand, dust and carnage is ripping off my flesh. There is no rest, only pacing up and down, a massive void in the grey sky. Those closest around me are caught up in this too. What is the point of life, why carry on?  Grabbing a pillow or two on which Deborah lay, taking her sunglasses, her memory to stay. Clenching her bible one girl embraced. It seems so cruel, so vague. What are we still doing down here? One girl shares, and then the next and then the third. Instead of holding hands, they all had enough, all want to depart, but to where? Husband is a wreck, he listens to her music though; practically every moment he gets. "Oceans", "Never gone", her karaoke, all day long. When will this robotic life ever end?
Ebola on the rise, maybe this is our out? Hurry, hurry Lord, this whirlwind must end.


God is never far away. When I initially wrote the above, I went shopping after, for the weekend at Cosco. As I went in there to buy a meal, since a special person is coming over this weekend, who grieved Deborah deeply. I felt little like cooking lately, the turkey meal did me in, I couldn't wait for it to be all processed in soup format and sandwiches. In any case, what I'm trying to get to is that a sweet lady who was giving out samples of chocolate chips, stopped me as I reached for the muffin cup full of dark chocholate. She says don't you know me? I said your face is familiar. She said, don't you remember me? At some point, I spoke to her about Jesus in the hospital, and that she has almost finished reading her bible. It wasn't during Deborahs hospital stay, and honestly, I cannot even recall when our paths have crossed. Truly, this has made my day and week. To hear that an East Indian lady is Surrey was reading her bible because of a conversation we had together.  I embraced her and departed elated.

No comments:

Post a Comment