Friday, October 3, 2014

Comfort or Curiosity?

"I cried out to God for help; I cried out to God to hear me. When I was in distress, I sought the Lord; at night I stretched out untiring hands, and I would not be comforted." Psalm 77
We read on in Matthew 2 vs18 that Rachael would not be comforted, neither Jacob, in Genesis 37:35. We read "all his sons and daughters came to comfort him, but he refused to be comforted. "no," he said, " in mourning will I go down to the grave to my son."So his father wept for him."
What is so shameful in mourning? Why are people so quick to want to deal with grief and ship you off to a psychologist? Did Jacob go to a psychologist? Though I'm sure there are benefits to grief share, I don't think that this is for everyone. For some people, I've heard from a mom who lost a young son, it made things worse.

 Why did God allow all this to happen, and for all of this, to climax with her suicide? I believe that God looks upon us as a God fearing family. We believe salvation comes by faith alone, and a sincere repentance of sin  must occur, where we love God more than the things of this world.  We are to love our neighbors more than ourselves.We must realize what hurts God and stop doing it, and do those things which please the Lord.  Jesus is the only way the truth and the life.
 So Why did He impose this tragedy on us? I am not rich like Job was, we have no wealth or health for God to test us more. Our investment was solely in our children. I've heard of some parents keeping all of their family allowance for their retirement.  That was never the case with us. In fact, we can count on two hands the number of movies we saw at the cinema, the number of times I had my hair done professionally, the holidays we took, (basically to give care to my sick dad in Florida). I have never had my nails done, ever. Our cell phones are dinosaurs. Our entire focus was sacrificial, leading a quiet life, humbly before our God, without murmurings.

As we also know, scripture says that a poor man has no friends. We have even accepted that graciously. The proverb is true. When you think of it, even a very rich man David had only one good friend, and that was Jonathan. Katherine Kulhman states in some of her archived speeches that she is the most lonely woman in the world. Her speaking engagements in the stadiums ended with a lonely hotel room for the evening, year after year. She stated that she had to die a thousand deaths before she went on stage, for her revival and healing meetings.  I have with regret had to ask curiosity seekers to not call on us, since this tragedy occurred as our friendship was not sought after, for years. These people include some, who were there when my children were born.  To know love with our head, and only speak it with our lips is not Christ like love. Love has to be implemented, and practiced like a refining fire. It must be honest and real.

King David in 1 Chronicles 20 vs. 13 says "And David said to Gad, "I am in great distress. Please let me fall into the hand of the Lord, for His mercies are very great; but do not let me fall into the hand of  man."

 I have fallen into the hands of God, and will rest there until he has use for this broken vessel.

No comments:

Post a Comment