Sunday, October 19, 2014

Moonshine Escapes the Knife

Yesterday, Miss Moonshine escaped the knife. We had  scheduled an appointment for her at the veterinary clinic to have her spayed. She is six months old and thankfully not yet in heat.  I'm not sure I know what that looks like since I am not an indoor animal lover. However, I do know that they can be noisy when they are in heat. So upon putting her on an NPO (nothing by mouth) diet the night before yesterday, we took her in to the animal hospital in the morning.  After zealously praying that things are going well for her, we received a phone call, saying  that, due to a medical emergency, Moonshine will not be getting her surgery after all.

The medical emergency entailed a cat getting hit by a pellet gun in the brain, so all the surgeries were cancelled. In preparation for Moonshine's absence I had washed all the floor carpets, that were positioned just so she would not scratch my hardwood floors. Now, I saw Moonshine arriving in the little red cage, and my husband set her free in the house.  I feared that since the carpets were still wet, she would be all over the floor, and causing a lot of damage. Thankfully, she was too traumatized with the trip alone, and her dietary restriction, so she slept most of the day. This little cat that Deborah loved, continues to be a sweet preoccupation for us, despite the work involved.

1 comment:

  1. Moonshine has had her surgery 7 days ago. She has her plastic cone on for three more days, and then she'll be free. We love this kitten. Our inheritance from Deborah.

    ReplyDelete