Monday, October 6, 2014

Humans Grieve

For the last nine months or so, it has been primarily, Deborah, and I, who attended our church, Calvary Worship Center in Surrey. It is located where the X-Caliber bowling alley used to be (11125 124 Street). My husband would also join us.  I was told by the deacons that recently, they saw her dance before the Lord during worship, in the front of the congregation. Oh, how I wish I had that memory to catalog in my mind.  There are over eighty nations represented at that church, and Deborah would say how, "it is like being in heaven, mom". We would go on Friday nights for prayer, the most heartfelt of meetings, full of the Holy Spirit.  During her four hour leave from the hospital in January, we would also take in, a service. Sometimes, I would notice that her emotions were all over the place at church. Now looking back, I believe that the enemy of her soul was tormenting her. Sometimes,she could not sit still, her legs would shake, other times she would just have her head down on her legs. She did fill out the questionnaire  during the sermon, but she would often not sing, when singing was such a joy in her life. She would rush to the car after the sermon, and would take my car keys so she can wait for me in the car. She was no longer comfortable in social settings, she did not want to be stared at. At times I would tell her, honey you are so beautiful, of course people would stare at you. To this day I don't know if it was a phobia that developed, or it was simply a fear.  Towards the end, she felt that she could no longer hold conversations with people.

Recently, since Deborah's funeral, my other girls have been coming with us to church.  The day the announcement was made of Deborah's funeral at church, immediately after the service, a sister in Christ ran out to talk with one of my girls. They were already in the parking lot, and she located them just in time. She apparently had asked God, why The Holy Spirit was not grieving? The answer she got was that the Holy Spirit does not grieve, only humans do, for a while. This is necessary, and this is what we do, but we must understand, that God's Holy Spirit does not grieve. She was a young woman who relayed this message to my daughter. There is no grief in heaven.
"And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be  no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying; and there shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away. Then He who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." Rev 21 vs 4-5
 Amen to that.
 I pray that all of us hear God's voice, and do what He says, even as this young woman ran to speak truth to my girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment