Sunday, October 12, 2014

Genius or Lunatic Part 1

Many times in my head since this event has occurred, a question arose. Was she a genius for executing what she has done or a complete lunatic?  Of course this may be the wrong question to ask all together.
I can't help but be this frank. For a girl to pull this off, with such precision, thought and deliberation at a time when she is completely right with God, makes my head spin.

 Deborah had everything in place.  I found out that she had text-ed apology notes to a few friends, such as when she was acting inappropriately, and got drunk at a friends weekend get away. She even wrote an apology letter to my mother after her discharge from the hospital, which absolutely made no sense to us.  After all, it was my mother who desperately hurt her, by blaming her for something that happened to my dad in Florida. Later, my mom  blamed me for not allowing her to visit her in Florida, despite the doctors telling us that travel is not a good idea.  She made her peace with everyone, including investing extra time with her sisters, doing special things during the last few weeks. She had this all planned.
Even the timing, was impeccable. Two of  her sisters would be off work, during the summer, and one sister would not have started university just yet. This gave my student daughter a single week to mourn after the funeral. She left cash for her "many" bills, one of which included her telephone bill. All entries after the 18th was crossed out in her calendar. All of the above was crowned with the baptismal at Crescent Beach she summoned, only two days prior. We believe this act of faith was for herself and to comfort us, later.

                                                                                                                                       Continued



1 comment:

  1. i love the story auntie but im starting to miss my little cousin deborah

    ReplyDelete