Monday, June 15, 2015

What We Look Like

This is me and my husband, the father of my four children, twenty eight years of "keeping the faith", and the fire burning. I rarely take photo's but on my daughters wedding, we were surprised by a lady who came just to photograph us before the wedding, and then sent the hard copies to us in the mail afterwards. I am holding a camera in my hand but did not have time to take any photo's that day. My husband has a sweet beard for the first time in his life. Usually, it is just a mustache, but I convinced him he would look more fashionable with a beard, which I dyed by the way, to give it more depth from his rusty, and a little greyish colour. My three inch heel just brings me up to above his shoulder. We both have shrunk with age, and his 6'4 inch frame may be now around 6'2". I have shrunk to a minute 5'4" frame, always thinking that I am still 5'7".My hair was very pretty from the back which you cannot see, and I had a slit in my dress at the back. Ron's suit was altered, a beautiful wool Calvin Klein suit bought in the States. My hope is that we don't have to age too much yet, before the Lord returns. Aging is not easy, no matter how we try to pamper the process. Everyday, we rely on God to take the drivers seat, and hand over the keys to Him. Sometimes people just want him around for the ride, but we know it doesn't work that way. The Prodigal Son was proven and trusted after he ate the swine's food. The oldest son wasn't trusted because he did not taste the swine's food. The youngest son was given the ring, because all he wanted was to be a slave at his father's house. I must daily trust Him, that He is in control, no matter what the circumstances are around us.

 Gordon Ron What we looked like 10 years ago (appx)

No comments:

Post a Comment