Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Seeing the Musical "To Build a Home"


"To Build a Home" choreographed by Savannah Way
 
 
"To Build a Home" choreographed by Savannah Way
 
 
Tonight I am looking forward to seeing the musical dance performance at Pannorama Ecole Ridge High School, where Deborah attended her last years. I cannot wait to see it, as so many of these students have poured their heart into the production. You may view it on You Tube if you wish. I plan on taking some roses and giving one to each of the dance team members. I don't think any of my other children will be attending as some are working late, and others are preparing for the wedding.

Yesterday, we were preoccupied with creating  the table card names for each guest, and table numbers. Since we did not find those clips in the stores that support these things, we had the saw cutting little triangles onto which we can past the menu, etc. I was sawing them, and my daughter was painting them.  The wedding is 4 days away, and there is still windows to wash, and groceries to get, and the seating arrangement to be created for the rehersal brunch which will be held in my home between the setting up of the reception hall and the setting up of the church, followed by the rehersal. I think any family who has held a wedding for 155 guests will know the preperation involved eventhough much of it has been delegated such as the cooking and the bar. 

My house is now full of alcohol, flowers, vases, rattan love seat, bathrobes for the make up prep, table runners etc. An entire room is taken up by these lovely trinkets. I thank God for the rain that is much needed, and remarkably or should I say miraculously, the forecast has changed from rain to a sunny 24 Celcius by Saturday.  What a glorious day we will have! Joy after Sorrow, Sunshine after the Rain! God is so faithful. Sadly, one of my dear friends and her family will not be attending a wedding as a relative has passed away and they must make a trip to Red Deer Alberta. I am getting my hair re-dyed as the highlights that I had put in prior, with the full expectation that it will make me beautiful for the wedding has turned orange. I am also mucking around in my bedroom and getting things off the floor, incase some folks may venture in there to use our powder room during all the business. 

I am delighted that some of my friends will be here welcoming guests, and attending the church rehersal. This gives me great comfort, as I know I could not do it on my own. My habit is to ask ladies who have more experience than I, and who have a calming effect spiritually on me.  I know they are prayer warriors, and this makes all the difference. Today, I will be wearing my shoes in even more, perhaps I will wear it to the performance at school tonight.  There will come a day when we can work no more. I have been working and working to help my daughter make this wedding beautiful. We cannot wait to enjoy it. 
www.kearnswedding.com
http://www.kearnswedding.com/events/

No comments:

Post a Comment