Thursday, June 11, 2015

Frazzled?

I think I'm still feeling frazzled after the wedding. Limp and tired, kind of like a mushy cucumber. I have melted into bed on some afternoons, and was weak as if I had just given birth. I hope this fatigue will pass. I am still finishing a bottle of wine that was left open on a table. It is not a cheap wine, so I am enjoying it. My feet have been swollen for a few days, not quiet knowing why. I sometimes don't know where I have left off and where I am beginning.
The generous presents have been opened, everything from pots to vacuum to crystal glasses. The thank you notes are in the process of being sent. My sweeties are off to the Dominican Republic.
One trauma after the wedding or perhaps even before it is that I misplaced my car and house keys. I was worried that I'd have to purchase a new fob. I even had a key of an old man on it whose house I am looking after while he is hospitalized. To make a long story short, they key was found two days ago, right in front of our nose, on the kitchen counter behind my antique glass sugar jar. I was thrilled to say the least! It must have dropped from the large chromed lid. Believe me, we have looked everywhere for this key set with the Hungarian leather flag icon on it, from Roots. They have all the leather flag key holders from all over the world. Our flag goes horizontally, red, white and green, while the Italian's goes vertically with the same colors. I had requested prayers from some of my prayer warrior friends, and God heard our cry to find the key. A key fob for the car likely would have run us over $200, and I was stuck not able to get my friends mail from his mailbox.
After the wedding, with my little niece and sister, we went to visit Deborah's grave. We took some of the beautiful orchids from the table center pieces, and lavishly placed them on her stone. Beautiful white orchids adorned her grave, and I assured my young niece that Deborah is not there, but we visit the graveside to keep it tidy, and see if she has risen (see my blog "The dead shall rise first"). A "Willow Tree" angel of freedom has been placed on her grave by Deborah's cousin. It was a touching moment, a hot and sunny day. Later, before her departure to Eastern Canada, she choose a few items of clothing from the wardrobe that is still in tact with my daughter, to take with her. Now, I have listed Deborah's Ghia Mustang for sale, as we have too many cars on our driveway, with the young couple moving in (just for a year) we gained an additional car on our driveway. My husband and I have 2 cars including Deborah's, my three daughters each have their own car, and the new husband has his car, and my tenant has a truck. So that is 7 vehicles.  I should be getting a fleet insurance deal, if we all had the cars on one name. At one point my husband and I had only a van, with four children, and I commuted with the skytrain to work. Soon as they got their licence that changed. I don't feel bad, as the bus service is pathetic here, and the hours they work varies, so we have no other viable option. Thankfully, our street is wide, and there is ample parking on the street. One Hungarian saying is that if the stable is clean, there is no ox to do the work, (no revenue-farm work is not going to be done) so if we have no vehicles, we have no place to go to work, is how I look at it. Does that even make sense?
For Sale 79 Ghia Mustang
So getting back to helping this individual who is hospitalized; I was requested to send along to him some of his vitamins and naturo-pathic medicine, by courier. I never did such a thing before. I didn't even know where a courier was located. In any case, the address to send it to was a health center somewhere on Victoria Island. It was by speaking to someone, that I found out after I sent the package, that it was a detox place. I never realized that some people require to be in a detox place due to excessive medication consumption. My soon to be nurse, implied that perhaps I enabled this person to continue with his many pills, even without knowing it. It is kind of funny in a way, but when you are in your eight decade of life, does it really matter?

1 comment:

  1. I had a serious inquirer for the car but as much as we could use the money, we decided instead just to take the insurance off it, and keep the car. After all, it is our only vehicle without a chip in it, and it would work even if we had a solar flare.ha, ha. Also we've been to an antique car show today, and man... these cars have character. Deborah's car is not going anywhere just yet, only will stay on our driveway.

    ReplyDelete