Saturday, December 13, 2014

Liverwurst and Morrocan Olives

I just quickly had a liverwurst sandwich with Morrocan Olives. Usually, I have it with fresh tomatoes, but the tomatoes do not taste ripe this time of the year. I was joking with my husband coming home from a Christmas musical production how he is not taking me out for dinner, not even with his birthday restaurant coupon. I picked on him in a sweet and gentle way, that it is I, who drove him into the city and back home. I got dressed beautifully for the occasion but he hasn't noticed enough from my perspective. My hair had much product in it to bring out my curls. I even cut my ankle shaving for the occasion, and my black nylons stuck to my bleeding skin. He only helped to pull up my zipper on my sleeveless dress. I couldn't wait to pull off everything when I got home, and enjoy my sandwich. One neat thing was that we did hold hands driving there, thus igniting the romance of going somewhere together that is other than a doctors appointment.

Wow, who would have thought that age brings us to this place. As we drove up to the church, we were greeted by the parking guide who we recognized from a distance. He is my husbands friend from 25 years ago, who in his shorts told us where a good spot would be as Ron had not only his cane but a wheelchair sign as well. (He revealed that true Vancouverites wear shorts, because we can, while other parts of our country is sacked with snow.) We all kidded each other, and he apologized for not being able to attend Ron's party as he was out of town. This friend happens to be nine years Ron's senior, but his smile was so refreshing, even as if we just saw one another yesterday. I told him that research has shown that if you work past age 60, you live another 19 years, but if you work past 60, you are likely to die within 19 months. Boeing was part of this research group of folks. So I let him choose. It was so refreshing to see him working for the Lord in any capacity. I mentioned to him that the cast seems to be fewer this year from the over hundred choir strong. Again, he had the answer right in the parking lot. Apparently, he himself used to sing and dance on stage, but now they have auditions for everyone, as they want to make the plays more professional.

The production was about a Jewish betrothal or engagement. It happened to be Mary and Joseph's from the bible. How neat it was to have a newly engaged couple beside me,namely my daughter and future son-in-law. The story line also followed a group of families in a shelter, and a mother daughter relationship. The orchestra and vocals were superb as usual. Perhaps this is our final Christmas celebration together, before the true, Bridegroom appears in the sky.

2 comments:

  1. It was great to see u all again you guys have not changed a bit too bad I did not meet the new couple it brought back alot of memories back and how God is keeping us young in spirit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps you can visit on a Sunday afternoon. We tend to be all at home! Bless you both.

    ReplyDelete