Monday, December 1, 2014

A Long Courtship


After a long courtship, my second daughter Erica, got engaged to a lovely man, who practically grew up in my home since he was 13. They are high school sweethearts, and now they are grown up. The ring was purchased prior to Deborah's death. The groom to be was gracious to take me and my husband out to dinner, to see what we think of his intentions. Next, he took out my other two daughters on a separate night, (Deborah was going to attend this also) for dinner, and consulted their opinion on the matter. I can't believe that they will be starting to plan the wedding after some exams my daughter writes next week. She already asked me to write a guest list from our side of the family. Her stone is divine, sparkles like crazy, and is insured. I am going to encourage them to have a Hungarian-my side/Scottish-boy's side theme for their wedding. Now they have started to read a book together, that prepares them for marriage, kind of like the Duggar family does. Erica told her then boyfriend that they cannot read that book, unless they are engaged. Erica was totally surprised, and the proposal had it's glitches, for instance the gondola was closed that day, due to a snowfall; as initially the proposal was going to be in Whistler, but thanks to the creativity of the groom to be, a detour was made to Shannon Falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment