Friday, April 17, 2015

Shopping for Burgers

Today was a long day. After teaching ESL classes at the church for a few hours, I gave the church office some important brochures about mental health. Since Mental Health week is happening in May, I wanted to bring light to this event.

 I went over the test that the students  had last week. We  are learning about different illnesses, such as a cough, a sore throat, or back, a stomach ache etc. I showed them what a butterfly bandage was on my ankle, as somehow I got an infection from a bush that my husband and I tried to remove one day. After vigorous demonstration of the many illnesses, and the test review, (sadly some of the students only copied the questions on their test papers), I had to remind myself how hard it would be for me to learn a completely new language, and have to write a test too.
Afterwards I headed over to the grocery store, and having received some rhubarb from a lady, I proceeded to get some cake mix, and jello that would create our dessert for the weekend. I also came across some beef patties that were labelled, managers special in the freezer section. I figured five times 20 burgers will be handy to have in the freezer for the rehearsal dinner party prior to the wedding day. Upon exiting the store and commenting to the clerk that this sure sounds like a lot for my bill today, I headed  home. Fortunately, I checked the bill in the car and realized that I had spent $38.00 for a single box of burgers, which were apparently only $18.00 today. That equals to over $160 of beef patties, that I just had to return, in the hopes that they made a mistake and I can have the boxes for $18.00 each. To make a long story short, the price was $18.00 but only for the 10 burger packages. (This was written in small print). They tried to give me a refund on my debit card, and remarkably it declined the refund. How stupid is that, the clerk commented. It has never happened to them before that the bank would refuse a refund. I believe it may have had something to do with the CERN equipment in Switzerland, as they are playing along with our magnetosphere. The grocery clerk said that things were acting stupid lately. The scientists are attempting to split atoms into even smaller things, recreating the big bang movement underground. They want to open another dimension. I hope you are all reading up on this, on your own.

Later in the evening I was happy to learn that my one daughter will be attending the sibling support group for suicide/homicide survivors. Please see my earlier blogs for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment