Thursday, April 30, 2015

Letter to Deborah

As a mother of a soon to be wed daughter, I take great joy in seeing that the couple are taking a very intensive course through Calvary Worship Centre, in marriage preparation. Communication is ofcourse on the forefront. I asked them if I can also go in order to improve my communication skills after 28 years of marriage, and they said, not likely, though the program is soooo inexpensive, and so crucial to smooth sailing over the many hurdles and bumps of life. So sadly I cannot indefinitely talk to a couple in their home, until my second  wedding vows are renewed.

About a week ago, I came across  a pretty card that I wrote to Deborah. It must have been around the time of turbulance in our home, and I didn't quiet know how to spearhead all that was going on. Here is what I wrote to her.

Dear Deborah,

Please forgive me, I was wrong. I believe it is our mutual desire to forgive and love one another. I am no super mom  but I am here for you. I can't protect you, I must give you your freedom.  I pray that God would protect you from the evil one.  I am in need of all your prayers too. It says to whom much is forgiven, they are able to love much.  We can help each other and live in Peace, but certain things are not allowed in our house (probably I was referring to marijuanna), if you leave we can help you (didn't realize she was planning on changing her address to Heaven), but this will be your decision. I want to shine Jesus' light before men/women.  I want grace and forgiveness to abound in my heart. I pray that your precious gifts God gave you will be visible to everybody.  Know that you are loved and always will be loved by us. 

Love
Mom 

What troubles me is that some people despite seeing our very great loss and hardship, still refuse to realize the Higher Power at play, the Intelligent Design as some would call Him. They claim, they don't believe in the bible, they're not religious. I would answer them by saying that Jesus wasn't religious, in fact, He was anything but.... religious. I tell them it is strictly faith that will save you, and belief in the man who claimed to be the Son of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment