Sunday, April 19, 2015

A difficult Day

It is a difficult day. I should be going to church, but I am running behind assembling a package to make our church aware of "coping with suicidal thoughts". I already dropped off a package where Deborah attended youth group. It was requested by a deacon to provide this information and I am so thankful for Calvary Worship Center in Surrey. I put a photo of Deborah in with the package, as well as a homicide bereavement support group and the suicide bereavement support  group brochure. I think faces are very important so people can have a sense of the magnitude of the families loss. The other day I saw a memorial video on you tube of a young father of three who took his life by suicide. Shocking! What a loss to the community.If you go on you tube, and put in rest in peace, you will get a glimpse of the many lives gone from our midst.

I should  also be going to the graveside, but I'm not up to it.  It has been over two weeks now since I've been there. I encouraged one of my daughters to go and maintain the graveside but it is not something I can push them to doing. I'm fighting an infection near my ankle and am taking the second round of antibiotics which has had an undesirable side effect as you may know.

I already watered the plants outside, as no rain is in sight, but really, I should be organizing a pressure washing day, as well as a lawn mowing day. The paint has been purchased by my daughter as the newlyweds will be living in our ground level suite. They picked a very nice shade of white for their walls, and a soft sage green for the bedroom and bathroom. All of this gets me itchy for cleaning up my kitchen as well. Perhaps even to paint it from a soft yellow to white, also. My appliances are white, you see, as I did not want to deal with stainless, and white walls may not be so bad after all. The brighter, the cleaner the  look, the better I think.

My eldest daughter and I attended a wedding yesterday. Two children already surrounded their matrimonial family photo. The first dance was in the hallway of the church. I believe both parents of the bride and groom have passed on already. They relied on a small group of family and friends to circle them with the love on the day of their commitment to one another. My eldest daughter caught the bouquet at the wedding. She was a lovely bridesmaid.  So perhaps, wedding bells are all around us, and I'm not superstitious by any standard.
Image result for wedding bells

No comments:

Post a Comment