Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Well, today was a day to remember. I just had a young man from church give us a quote on remodelling our kitchen, and he suggested that we donate Deborah's old 79 Mustang to Youth for Christ, a charitable organization with troubled youth. They generally work on these cars and restore them. I specified that it would be restored so that it would be a memory of Deborah and her mental health challenges that she did not overcome. This year her forest green V-8 is 40 years old. It is incredibly beautiful with a moon window on the roof. I sure hope that this will be a legacy for her, and all those who are struggling with depression/anxiety or bi-polar.
As I sit here with the sun shining in the window, I wonder what they will do in fact with this vehicle. Every car has a story, but this car is very special. Only one lady drove it before Deborah did, and that was a 93 year old Hungarian Jewish lady. I recall meeting her as we were hunting for a car, and she told us that it was a pacer vehicle for races in the days of old. I pray that me and my husband have made the right decision about this car. We love it just as Deborah has loved it, but I have no other idea that would have been more suitable for this car. We will also get a small tax receipt in the end, for next year.
May God help us all to do all that we can do. Much Love.
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment