Sunday, March 24, 2019

Always Remembering Deborah

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, sitting and indoor
This Cat is Ava, my oldest daughters cat, who Deborah loved also
Deborah loved all types of animals. We are still taking care of the mother of her cat; Tiger. Finally, with the better weather we can keep her locked up in the laundry room in the night to protect her from racoons. Daytime is spent outdoors now. I was able to liberate all my leather sofas from layers of blankets so that the precious claws would not destroy our lifelong investment.

I am busy with Japanese students for a short week. One was sick for 2 days with a very bad cough, and now the other one had a high fever. It is very tricky cause we are not able to give them even a tylenol. The school is dealing with it and hopefully, they will take her to a drop in clinic come Monday. I have never had ill students before so this is a test for us at the moment. We went to the familiar Vancouver Japanese Gospel church this morning, and rejoiced with the little congregation. As I was driving home I had to cross the dreaded Pattullo Bridge that Deborah jumped off from. I don't think I will ever overcome the hatred I feel for that bridge. 
The ill student had to stay home, so I went with just the one. Now it is soon dinner time. I must come up with a meal, and make sandwiches for them to take to school tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment