Friday, March 1, 2019

$2,056 rent for one-bedroom unit is Considered 'affordable'

I just had to post this. Rates are not this high where I live, but I am in the middle of finding a new tenant for a one bedroom. Sadly, after many late payments we decided to give notice to my tenant. This is of course great anxiety for me and my husband, since we don't know who will get afterwards.. it is like a cat in the bag. We wish we did not have to rent, but the cost of living is very high here. The current government is going through great efforts to free up more housing, but I don't think they will succeed. Foreign investors do not need the extra funds to deal with the hassle of most tenants. Sadly for us, we cannot afford to downsize, since loosing the rental income and paying a strata fee would put us in a worst situation than we are. Please pray we have a good tenant coming soon.!

No comments:

Post a Comment