Friday, March 29, 2019

My Ponderings

I think spring has arrived. I see the dew in the mornings, and the 5 inch garlic pocking through the soil in the back yard. I must get out and see if the soil is ready for planting. I wish I had some more bark mulch but so far no company has made a free delivery, and the soil has absorbed all the goodness from it.
As my one tenant is packing to leave after failing to pay his rent on time, another is being interviewed. Yes, the pickings are slim, and we may even have to consider a short term tenant. We are also considering putting in some extra kitchen cupboards in the suite kitchen and I got an estimate for the upstairs kitchen. Honestly, I don't know if it would be a good selling feature, or I am simply tired of the black countertops that are from the 90's. I would love to have cupboards that go up to the ceiling. I would love to have more space at a time when I should be downsizing.
I am realizing that a condominium may be a very hard adjustment for us, so I keep plugging away at this house where Deborah grew up in and ultimately left us by taking her life.
I feel remorse for not getting out to the graveside more often, I feel remorse over not calling my mom more often in the care home she is in, in Florida, I feel that I have failed my three remaining daughters by not securing in them the knowledge of the Hungarian language. I am also getting antsy over the soon arrival of my grad-daughter. I must prepare and be the best grand-mother I can be. Will it come naturally, I wonder?
Last night we went out for schnitzel at a local pub with a friend of mine, and my now youngest daughter joined us. I found the food great, but the noise was almost unbearable. A hockey game was in progress, and all the Canuck's fans were out. Thankfully, they won in overtime shoot-out, so many folks went to bed happy last night.
As we prepare to say good-bye to these Japanese students tomorrow, I can only wonder what the rest of the year will be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment