Wednesday, March 13, 2019

March 14th is Deborah's Birthday Forever

Today, I made several pans of cabbage rolls. I made some without salt, for a heart patient, and no onion batch for a friend who is allergic to onions. All in all, I have ended up with at least 5 pans of cabbage rolls. Much of it will be eaten tomorrow, on Deborah's birthday March 14th. I invited some close friends to join our family in celebrating and remembering her life. She would be 24 years old. The joy we would have with her laughter, and jokes! The sad thing is she won't be with us physically, but we know she is celebrating with Jesus. I am already feeling the heavy weight of it all. We miss her, our hearts are heavy. I had a glass of wine already tonight, it feels relaxing now. I will make a bunch of sandwiches also incase cabbage rolls is not everyone's favorite. I even invited one of her pall bearers. Her three sisters will be here eating a slice of cheesecake that I bought from Cosco.
Today, the day before her birthday, I also had the biggest scare of my life.  A friend from Florida has indicated that there may be some bad news regarding my mother. She heard from another person, that she has passed.. So in a rush, I called the care home. I had fax machine noise, and busy signals for many attempt at calling. Then finally the dial tone rang, but again only the fax machine sound came through. |I hung up the phone, and then the lady from the care home calls me, and upon request to speak to my mom, she hands her the phone. She is all right! Even her speech improved as we began talking. She said she was well taken care of, and that there were many people around her; she had to go. I'm so glad she is ok. I told her how much I love her, and allowed her to go on with her day.
Deborah, Deborah how we miss you! You were a treasure to behold to so many. Why you took your life will never be known fully. If it was up to us, you would still be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment