Saturday, September 5, 2015

Three Days Supply of Food

The other day I was made aware of how precious clean water and food is. Seeing the migrants walk for miles on end without any food in Hungary, now arriving in Austria in some cases, made me meditate on our blessings. A film on Libya during the uprising, and the devastation in process to overthrow Chadaffi was also difficult to see. No medical facilities, just complete devastation makes one think that could such  conditions come to a prosperous nation by modern standards?
When I wanted to take some money out of the bank, I was surprised how little money the banks have on hand, especially on 'long weekends". The food that had to be discarded from the storm we had in the last week, came to hundreds of thousands of dollars in our food stores. One store which I frequently visit, Price Pro, that supports rehabilitation for addicts, threw out sixty thousand dollars worth of spoiled food. This is just a single store, due to a 48 hr or more collapse of the power grid. I am just thinking here, and would like my readers to be made aware that the stash of food in stores is only a three day stash. In case of an emergency, there is no deliveries of food or other commodities even in affluent places. People have the bare minimum at home, such as toiletries, dry food, canned foods and water. I urge you all to be vigilant and store up at least a week or even a few months worth of supplies for the unexpected emergencies. I even bought some fire extinguishers, as every home needs a few to have accessible. Since I have many wood chips in my yard, this is a no brainier. I also like buying pinto beans and rice as I may have mentioned in a previous blog. The two together make up a complete protein. Tomorrow, I will by some seeds on line for a little assortment to have available, as gardening can even carry on into late fall or early spring here, in the Pacific North West. The very nice thing is that it can still be delivered to your door. The Lord tells us to be wise as a serpent and innocent as a dove. This can be carried to all areas of our lives. The Holy Spirit will instruct us as to what to do. The web is full of good ideas when it comes to prepping. Don't be caught unprepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment