Wednesday, September 19, 2018

The rest of my week in a nutshell

It is such a beautiful day outside. The fire smokes are no longer in our air. Today may be one of the final sunny days for some time. Fall is coming, and I can't wait to do a few final days of gathering in our garden. I usually bring in all my clay pots, pressure wash mats, and cover gardening tables etc that have to be out in the elements. Despite my lovely 10x10x10 feet shed, there will be lawn chairs covered, amongst other things before the snow arrives.
Yesterday, I grudgingly paid a speeding ticket before re insuring my car. This sweet man comes to my house, and has all the papers for me to sign. Last year I met him for the first time, and he is missing his foot which makes him considerably shorter when he has to walk on the one side. This year, I met him at the door. He even gave me a courtesy call of his delay in traffic. I admire people like him, who despite the challenge of life (I believe he was in a fire and acquired his injury there) they have a huge smile on their face, and carry on supporting their families.
Today, I will have to prepare for my ESL volunteer class for tomorrow. I will be teaching an intermediate group. My friend is undergoing minor surgery so I have been asked to help out. I gladly do. Some of my friends I have not heard from for a while. I think one is still dealing with the last of her blueberry season chores. She has goats, and blueberries, and trucks that her husband drives.
Friday, friends are coming over who also lost their youngest child in his teens. I hope to make a very nice dinner, but as of this moment I can't think of what I will cook. This is my week in a nutshell. I hope yours is very pleasant. Hugs to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment