Tuesday, September 25, 2018

A Tribute to my Friend

I have lost a friend over the weekend. She was only 60. We are all in shock, since the last time we saw her was on my daughter Deborah's anniversary of her passing; August 18th. Here is my Tribute to this Amazing Woman.
Isaiah 57;1

The righteous perishes, and no man lays it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come.Jubilee Bible

As we reflect solemnly  on Barbara, I know that many know her as a friend, and many like myself  believe that she was your best friend. She took her nursing attributes into the friend zone, as she took care of each of us with a holistic approach. She wanted us to be well, mentally, spiritually, and physically. She would come up with games, and write the most lovely cards, with butterflies all over the envelope.  You were made to feel worthy no matter what class you came from and you can be in your nighty, or out with her in an elaborate restaurant and fit right in. She could dine with a pauper or a king, and be delighted with her audience.  She was tenacious, and knew of the best places to shop, not just in Canada, but particularly in the States. She loved to travel, but her travels were also with a purpose; to visit friends and relatives who were aging. She loved fine jewelry, and she deserved every one that her loving husband gave her. Some she had a hand in designing I think, rubies and diamonds.   She loved beautiful things, and loved sharing it with others. I particularly got to know Barbara after the loss of our daughter four years ago, but our friendship goes back to Surrey Christian school, as our children attended there well over a decade ago.
Barbara and her family would show up with countless meals on those very unbearable days. She has more crockpots than anyone I know. She would bring over books of Penguins in Germany or an article in the paper about a nurse in her graduating class who sent masses of equipment  to Africa. She was preparing and looking forward to seeing all her nursing friends at an upcoming reunion in a few weeks. She was practical and magnificent. She took me to Macey's in the states to pick out a dress for my second daughter's wedding and she spoiled me . She knew how to communicate with the most needy, and the most educated. Barbara spared nothing from making an occasion as simple as it may be; superb! She was a magnificent organizer. Everything was in her calendar, but did not possess a cell phone; Bayshore can reach her on her home phone if they indeed  needed her. Paul would later share that  she would often take the hardest of cases, and they had great confidence in her ability to handle these situations. I can say with certainty that her clients were like family to her. She would enroll a child into preschool at her cost, and buy strollers and other necessities from her own purse.Above all her family was her greatest achievement and cause for motivation. She spoke fondly of them always.Enrolling Carleigh in sewing, and craft classes, and camping at Timberline Ranch, private school and chauffeuring them to the many school functions. She was proud of her son Jacob who recently moved out, and confident that he would transform his place to his own design.  She was happy of their well deserved reputable jobs.

I will tremendously miss her sweet confident voice, and assurances, and wisdom that she gladly shared. 2 Tim 4;7 For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8From now on the crown of righteousness is laid up for me, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but to all who crave His appearing.…
Barbara lived the Christian walk; she knew with certainty this Bible verse;
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
Barbara has received her inheritance. May we carry the baton she passed forward. 

With All my Love
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment