Monday, September 17, 2018

How Was your Weekend?

I hope you all had a nice weekend. I am still recovering from the many things to do in order to winterize the garden. Growing veggies is easy compared to the work involved in the harvest. I transplanted quiet a few plants. I have more strawberries than anyone on the street. We have hired a man to stain our fence and large shed. Yesterday, we were looking at stain colours. Hopefully, an Indian fall will still have a few dry spells. My car insurance is due also, and behold, we found a speeding ticket I have not paid for, so I cannot insure my car just yet.
Yesterday, upon visiting Deborah's grave, we found her potted plant missing. I took some flowering cactus to her, but the pot was not there.  Instead, some blooming roses from my garden adorn her plot. Gosh, she is so missed. I wonder when this gnawing loneliness will ever lift from our lives. We empathize with all the families who will go through such a loss. Homicide is also prevalent. In our community a young 15 yr old girl was murdered at Central Park in Burnaby, and only now have they found a Syrian man who is accused of taking her life. My daughter, is wondering how they found this young man among over 1600 suspects. ??? Perhaps they just framed someone?? May truth prevail.

Tomorrow is yet another dentist day for us. Deborah's dad needs many extractions, and false partial.  I wonder what our insurance will cover and what it will not. Then ofcourse there is conversation as to where we will celebrate Thanksgiving , and where we will celebrate Christmas. Thanksgiving is just around the corner. It is hard to believe. Enjoy your day, and please pray for the families affected by the many typhoons, and hurricanes all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment