Sunday, August 16, 2015

Went to Church Today

I went to a Japanese Gospel church today. It entailed driving over the bridge with my Japanese Student, on the Bridge that my daughter took her life on. This student has never asked how she died, so as I was supressing my tears crossing, to get to New West, I did glance over the the side with the sidewalk I think I witnessed a homeless man on it, with his grocery cart, probably his life possessions, stopped in the center. I wonder what he was thinking. Was he just resting? Just enjoying the scenery? Or was he contemplating ending his life?
Yesterday, I shared with my family how I was touched by the story of the Japanese man who stops his fellow countryman from jumping off these high cliffs in Japan. Am I ready to pull off a few hours each day up there, and talk to whoever I see? Should  I have put signs up there a long time ago, on the railings? Can we have an around the clock presence on the bridge, so nobody takes their lives? After all, the Japanese man has saved over 500 people from taking that fateful leap to their deaths?
Also, yesterday, a not so distant family member said that they have been under the understanding that anyone who takes their life by suicide is going nowhere but hell itself. I never knew that this person felt that way, in fact, they have been kind and supportive throughout our ordeal. This made me feel so sad, I asked my husband to get me some alcohol, which we rarely consume. I told this person that like with all sin, God can forgive the sin of self-murder. I completely believe, that Deborah is in a very good place. Not only was she baptized two days prior to her exit, but she truly loved the Lord. Her letter to us stated that she was sorry, that she had to do this. Her pain was so severe, that she felt there was no way out. I want to help people, I want to give them hope, that the next day will get better, and very possibly Jesus will be coming back sooner then we can imagine. All our pain, anxieties, troubles, sorrow, hopelessness, desolation, fears will cease or stop. Jesus came to give us an abundant life. Please be encouraged. The devil has not won over death. We who believe in the Resurrection, can be hopeful, always. Death has no victory.

  Many believers commit suicide, and THEY go to heaven. We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 2 Cor 5:8. Jesus was speaking of the tribulation in Matt 24.And believers today have NO CONDEMNATION Rom 8:1. And not even DEATH can separate us from the love of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment