Monday, August 31, 2015

Storm In Vancouver

Due to strong winds, we had power outages on the Lower mainland BC Canada for about two days. Though my neighborhood got the power back sooner, but we have been without cable TV or internet, or land line telephone for two days. It sure got us out of our little cubicle bedrooms, and out into the living room. We talked, and talked, watched old video,  and read our bibles. It was very difficult to watch Deborah's baby videos, so eventually we just shut it off. Watching our home films will never be the same. Yesterday, I tried to take fresh flowers to the graveside, but because of the storm, the cemetery was inaccessible from two directions, as trees were barricading the roads. Meanwhile, I have developed the most severe lower back pain. I don't recall lifting anything heavy, but I was consuming some filtered water, which may have resulted in this pain. That has been the only difference in my activities or diet. So now I am back to drinking tap water. On occasion when a small town is hooked up to well water for instance, I get swollen feet and legs  from the excessive sulpha in the water.Praise God for this abundant rain we have been getting along with this windstorm. Though I know it has ruined a number of outdoor weddings, one of which my daughter was invited to, causing the groom and bride to cry, I'm sure many a wildlife, and forests could not have survived had this torrential downpour did not occur. Even our swamp land sanctuary was depleted from water, and the duck and frogs had this little puddle to work with. Some folks in Burnaby I heard were stuck in their highrises, as the elevators were not working.
Image for the news result
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/photos-ten-shots-of-bcs-powerful-wind-storm-damage/56440/
These two days of no TV or telephone distractions, I have been very blessed to spend quiet time with my loved ones. Every scripture from Isaiah, to Daniel, to Revelations, even Obidiah pointed to the Lord's millennial reign and His soon return. Everything will be restored, made more beautiful, and we shall reign with King David in the new Jerusalem. Pretty cool I think.

I also my have a buyer for Deborah's beautiful German piano. A simple pastor's wife came by with her 14 yr old daughter. She did not need notes to read, just played and played in her level 10 Royal Conservatory level. You had to pull her away from the instrument at some point. In my heart I know God has sent them along, to utilize Deborah's piano for such a time as this. We are greateful that it will be used by such a sweet, and talented girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment