Saturday, August 8, 2015

Get Your House in Order

How does one do it? Leave all that is familiar, beautiful, difficult, but full of love as we understand it, and be ready to depart to the arms of our Heavenly Father? I am reminded of what an old lady once told me, that when I was born to planet earth, I did not know whose child I would become, who my relatives would be, I simply arrived by the grace of God, and everything was provided for me. Likewise, birth into Heaven will be a similar experience. Yes, indeed, perhaps our bodies will have to be transfigured to a perfect body, and who knows, that may be painful, but in the end we shall have our glorious bodies that will be forever, and ever.
There is a call to surrender all, just like when many of us first received Christ we died to ourselves, our wants and our needs, let go, and let God... So many bumper stickers said that in the past.  I'm not so sure if they are as popular now, but once they were. Oh, and of course, the bumper sticker which said, I am not perfect, just forgiven. That is a good one also.
As the weeks and days carry on into September, I am sure many of us will be thinking along these lines which I am bringing up. Are we truly ready to leave on the Feast of Trumpets, if Jesus calls us home? After all, the church age is closing, that is the age of grace, and the New Millenium will have to be ushered in somehow, don't you think?We are at the end of 6,000 years and entering the seven thousand.  A year of jubilee, in the Jewish calendar the year 5,777.
I don't think I can leave my documents in order enough, my house clean enough,my garden cared for as much, my family loved, and prepped as much, as I would want to. Nobody in history has gone through what we will be going through; this generation that will not see death, I personally believe that. How do you prepare for something like this? Imagine all our young children vanishing, all those in vehicles, planes, trains, boats who are the perfected bride of God, vanishing. Imagine, the Pope, and world leaders holding press conferences to explain why people have vanished. Imagine, first the graves opening! A big earthquake, perhaps thunder, then the trumpet blowing. Can we withstand and not look back, and with eager anticipation raise our hands to the Bridegroom, Jesus Christ? We don't want to be like Lot's wife and turn into a pillar of salt, do we? We also don't want to be here for the Wrath of God, which will likely end with martyrdom, if one does profess Christ to the end..These are serious days indeed. Each day as we are approaching this pivotal point in history will have more and more trials. The devil would want to trip us up big time, even to forsake and curse our Messiah.

No comments:

Post a Comment