Friday, July 31, 2015

Choose This Day

It is getting hot outside again. The water restrictions are still in effect. We must water with a nozzle only, and water only our existing gardens.  No car washing, no lawn watering, no many things... My Japanese student has arrived, and she is very sweet, and quiet. I hope to engage her more in our family. This weekend we will go to see the steam clock downtown, and visit a shopping mall. I help her with homework when she has some, and  we are planning to visit a Japanese church this Sunday. Her family is atheist, so I do hope that she can go back and tell her family about God's love. I feel very inadequate to bring the salvation story to her, with our language barrier. I don't want to seem too heavy handed, but the urgency is great, and time is running out. The gospel has been preached in all the world, and there is little time left to play. Today, I felt I had to mention to her that we have lost a daughter. She wept deeply, and told us that she had lost a friend this past year also.  I do believe that suicide is a very common escape for many Japanese. They have very heavy expectation upon them, sometimes these only children. Only by the grace of God, can we carry on and grow.
Today I also had a filling done, downtown, by my trusted dentist of thirty years. I told him that he was right, a crown never feels like your own tooth. I can't even bite a thread in two, now that I have two beautiful crowns in the front. Imagine how perfect, everything will be in Heaven. I wonder what Deborah is doing now? On CBC yesterday, they had an hour long documentary on the Final Battle between God and Satan, in the battlefield of Armageddon. I believe it was on the history channel. Before the final battle, there is a battle for the souls of men and women. Choose this day who we will serve....

No comments:

Post a Comment