Thursday, July 30, 2015

A Conversation about the "Harpazo"

+Thin Ice OK... yes, you are correct.  However, this event where 1/3 of the earth will be peppered with meteors will occurs at Rev 8.  At this point, the anti-christ has already been revealed.  right?

Since this is the case, the departure as described by Paul in 2nd Thes 2 HAS ALREADY OCCURRED.  This departure as described by Paul is the 'gathering unti Jesus'.  Here is the scripture using the World English Translation

2nd Thes 2:3 Let no one deceive you in any way. For it [The gathering until Jesus] will not be, unless the departure comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of destruction,
Joe Momma
Jul 18, 2015
 
+timfoster405 first thing I do in the morning is thank my Jesus for allowing me to wake up to another fine morning be gave me, last thing i do is thank him for having me live thru another day. So yes, to both questions. Now show me this" scripture" bc I've read the gospel from cover to cover and NOWHERE is this" Catholic garbage" in my holy book
timfoster405
Jul 18, 2015

 
+Joe Momma , the reason I asked you that was that I get sucked into discussions with non-believers who want nothing to do except beat-up on Christians and mock them.  God's word is like Pearls... and Jesus says that we are not to caste our Pearls before swine...that is why I asked.  You are a child of God, like I am and look for Jesus for our redemption and cleansing.  We will both stand before God and be blameless due to the spilled blood of Jesus.

The rapture event is the 'catching away' of the Body of Christ, known as the Church (The Called-Out Ones).  It is a real event that Paul describes in 1st Thes 4:16-17 (not found in the 4 Gospels, but in Paul's writings)
_______________________________________
16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with God’s trumpet. The dead in Christ will rise first, 17 then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air. So we will be with the Lord forever.
_______________________________________
The English word "caught up" is translated from the Greek word "Harpazo", which was translated in the latin vulgate as "rapiemur", which was before the English translations were completed.  This is where the english word rapture comes from... the original Latin translation.

1 comment:

  1. You may feel that I am a little obsessed with the dead rising, and the body of Christ being raptured out of this world. I know that this is about to happen very soon and we will understand everything. I still am unsure in a way where Deborah is. I'd like to think she is in Heaven already, or will she be going there upon her resurrection?

    ReplyDelete