Monday, January 12, 2015

There You'll Always Be

In my heart is a memory, and there you'll always be.


As children, Deborah and I anticipated the day we'd be the last two girls living at home. We were looking forward to move into the two larger rooms in the house and perhaps make one of the smaller bedrooms into a games room of sorts. Perhaps even a little music studio, minus the high tech equipment for recording. That was an idea I was particularly excited about. Deborah I think was more interested  in a 'hang out' space so when her friends would visit, there would be a larger space.

Now with one sister about to marry her high school sweetheart this summer, I'm dreading being the last Gordon girl at home. If Deborah was still with us, I think I would feel differently. I'd still have someone at home to talk to and play music with. I would have someone to share the excitement of having the WHOLE house to ourselves.

I went to look at the location for the reception and wedding ceremony the other day and it was lovely. The reception hall looked elegant with the large crystal chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. The mustard colored walls were a little unexpected but I think with dim lighting the color will not look so harsh. When it came to looking at the church, I just become overwhelmed with emotions. I didn't break down crying but my heart ached. Deborah is missing such an important milestone. It hurts to not have her here to share in the excitement.



1 comment:

  1. https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/1uqO3/sh/94JwC8

    Link to Deborah's Memorial Bench fund, started in her honor.

    ReplyDelete