Saturday, January 10, 2015

"Our Fingerprints Don't Fade From The Lives We Touch"


"Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch" 8.18.2014
Romans 14:8 - "If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord."


My favorite memories with you..
When you were trying so hard to teach me how to harmonize, and I just couldn't do it and would just sing in whatever note you were singing
When we were at arise retreat together and whenever our cabin would pray at night we would start laughing hysterically for no reason so we would have to stuff our faces in our pillows to try and stay quiet
When everyone in our cabin was getting annoyed with us because they were all trying to go to sleep and we weren't tired and just kept laughing uncontrollably. And then when we finally were ready to go to bed you shouted "goodnight everyone!" And when no body replied, you started saying "goodnight ____" and saying each of their names. And when they still didn't reply, you decided to say goodnight to yourself, pretending to be them.
Watching the bachelorette together on Monday nights
When we were at the gym together and I wandered off for like two seconds and I come back to find some random hitting on you and you trying to give him some tips on how to get in better shape
That time I decided we should go buy healthy snacks at Walmart so you drove us there and I ended up only buying chocolate and gummies
Going for runs at bear creek park.. And that time you made me do like 100 burpees and wouldn't let me quit even when I felt like I would pass out
Going to Strawberry Hill on cheap Tuesdays and watching sad romantic movies
Going shopping, and you trying the limit the outrageous amount of stuff I thought I needed to buy for some reason
I can't think of every memory I have with you or every laugh we shared together, but I know that I have more than enough to carry me through this life on earth until I get to see you again up there. I know you are finally at peace now, and I know you are smiling down on all of us. You are missed dearly and loved deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment