Thursday, January 15, 2015

Birds on My Clothes Line

The other day, I came across a store that is closing, and will only re open  next Christmas. I was thrilled to find beautiful glass plates, like I wrote to you in one of my recent blogs. Not only that! I found some birds that were gold and white, and lastly pink with little beads. Since my daughter's decor colors are white, gold and blush pink, I took it upon myself to spray paint the birds in order to create a soft pink glow. I had no idea that once the spray paint dried on the feathers, that the feathers would be stiff and un-pliable. The paint dripped from my clothes hanger unto my deck. I had to wash it all, with turpentine, which made our entire house stink. So the lesson is to be creative, but not overly so. These birds will be impressive on a green shrub that we will display at the venue as part of a prop scene ( if the bride ok's it). I think we will also be purchasing the centre round mirrors on line to place the centre piece on. I will venture to a few sidewalk sales looking for shoes, and dresses. There are so many good sales now. A large chain of stores will be pulling out of Canada, by the name of Target. It was not well received here.



As you can see, the purple ones will need another coat. I think, I will use regular paint for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment