Saturday, January 31, 2015

More Suicide

My dear readers, I just found out that a young man  age 21 with a two year old son, committed suicide over the loss of his girlfriend. He apparently also had debt issues, which we can all relate to. This young man was at one time, a childhood sweetheart of Deborah's girlfriend. I found out through Facebook, and I just wept and wept this morning. Not only is it a loss, but it is another loss due to suicide. It happened in Columbia. The family is in desperate need of funds to bury their son.Deborah's girlfriend is trying to do the fund raising from Canada. The Columbian government does not help with funeral costs.  This poor girl has now experienced the loss of two very close friends due to suicide. She wrote:
"Hold me close to your heart like the seal around your neck. Keep me close to yourself like the ring on your finger. My love for you is so strong it won't let you go. Love is as powerful as death. Love's jealousy is as strong as the grave. Love is like a blazing fire. It burns like a mighty flame. No amount of water can put it out. Rivers can't drown it. Suppose someone offers all of his wealth to buy love. That won't even come close to being enough "


1 Corinthians 13 New International Version

13 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

1 comment:

  1. If anyone wishes to help this family financially with funeral costs, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete