Saturday, May 26, 2018

I just Came Across this Letter

Tribute to my gift of love and friendship, Deborah Gordon:  Our souls lay bereft of your pure Christlike love for far too long,  When God had long planned to place you gently in our home when you were only eleven.  We hardly noticed at the time, for you were a part of our family from the start it seemed.  There you were,  Child of Christ from heaven.   Your friendship and love taught us to think beyond ourselves, yet you loved us as if we were all there was.  Your legacy of Christlike love was mirrored throughout our home and your precious smile, laughter, joy, and kindness reached into every corner of our home and heart!!  So  A baby girl's cry, A friend's needs, A sister's hand, Somehow, I missed all those and the horrors of evil came too close to you.  Now I lay at your feet  roses as we have all fallen with you,  Yellow roses for how I will do my best to befriend and love ohters who need me,  Red for remembering to love like you,  White for doing everything in purity with grace,  Purple for the endless hours of fun and honor you gave us, and all the colors in between for all the promise you held.   Our souls ache, but they are not bereft of your love in our hearts.  I praise the Lord for creating you and  proclaim a million times over,  "Oh Taste  and see that the Lord is Good."    And I curse  all the evil spirits that led you into paths not set for you,  Deborah Gordon,  Though taken from family, friends, faith, and hope to fulfill all God's plans for your life, I pray the Lord reminds us to lour love the same way you did into my life and  that of my son.    My dear friend and sister in Christ and so much more forever until we meet in heaven.   Monique

No comments:

Post a Comment