Saturday, November 5, 2016

We have the Flu

Today, our family is faced with the flu. Some of us are on antibiotics. Others are finishing with cold sores, and I am close to my Manuka Honey. This honey from Newzeland  not only helps with cough, but has medicinal purposes. I gave some to my son in law yesterday, only to be taken on a spoon or in lukewarm tea, otherwise the medicinal qualities are negated.
I am very content lately. The realization that my surgery is approaching is settling in, though I don't have all the equipment I will need for my recovery. I am greateful for my family, who is asking me when they can come and visit after the surgery, and my sweet nurse daughter took a few days off as well. I am so Blessed and greateful, mostly for knowing my Maker, who promised to never leave us or forsake us.  As a nurse, my daughter is witnessing much illness, and even death in her internship at the hospitals. One she had to wheel into palliative care yesterday, with liver cancer. My oldest daughters close friends sister just passed away at age 35 leaving behind 5 children. Now they both know what it is to loose a sister, something that words can't describe.
The few autumn leaves that we have, have been raked thanks to my husband. My tooth with the crown has not been salvaged, except with a post in the root canal. The color is off, and the tooth seems small now, but hopefully it will last. My insurance only covers a small portion, so I will be making monthly payments for some time on it. The root canal alone was 1020CND dollars. What can one do? We need our eyes, our teeth, and our feet. Those three things I have always tried to take good care of as an adult. In my hast to get to the dentist with a wiggling crown, I took an exit prior to my desired exit on the road. This has never happened to me before. So I was heading to the Victoria Ferries, (The Tunnel) in no time in snail pace traffic. I knew I would not get to the dentist this way, heading back home in the opposite direction. After sitting for 15 minutes getting nowhere, I must confess that I broke some rules. I went into the HOV/Bus lane, in order to come to the first exit off the freeway, at least 5 km from where I was. Then at the exit I realized that it was an exit for buses only. At that point I broke the second forbidden road etiquette. I exited evenso, and proceeded on the overpass to turn around. I managed to get on the no traffic direction of the freeway, and despite much construction in the downtown core, I made it there on time. Life is full of adventures. I choose now not to be angry, and sad. The devil can throw whatever he wants at me, I will still stand, and not complain. Ultimately, our journeys will end up victorious, in an eternal place of Bliss, so I am only along for the ride, as we wait for our redemption.
My trips to see the grave will be less often, due to my surgery, and they do not allow fresh flowers on the graves in the winter. Love, Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment