Sunday, November 20, 2016

Something to Look Forward To

Dear Friends,
My daughter just came home from Deborah's grave, after placing a reef on her plot. We got the reefs at a Christmas Bazaar yesterday. I bought two. One has a sweet Angel on top of it. I will alternate it in the future, with the Christmas reef that we put out today. Apparently, some graves have fresh flowers on it,  still. We missed the pot luck yesterday at the funeral home. We were too tired after visiting 3 Church Events. I basically got the Christmas presents at these craft and white elephant sales. I dragged my husband along, much to his dismay. I got my little newspaper cart, so I would not have to carry anything. I was in so much pain with my hips. We were looking for things on my daughters Christmas lists, from small refrigerators to plate sets, to knife sets, Michael Kors bags to acne repellent. Most things were brand new prepared by entrepreneurs, and some things were old, but still in their original boxes.There were very creative knitting made, and baby items, from necklace teething rings that were washable. Not something you saw, when I was a young mother.  My husband almost bought a 1960 angel for top of the tree, a collectible. I bought all my baking there, made by sweet United church ladies, from biscotti to ginger cookies dipped in white chocolate, to candy cane sugar cookies to name a few. I found my plum jams, for very reasonable price.
When I came home I put all the cookies in a tin can, and wrapped all the girls presents. Aside from a few gift cards, my preparation is done for the year. This was my last weekend available before my surgery. Another Christmas without Deborah is too much to bear. I will not be decorating inside my home, but have suggested that the family goes to see the performance at the Willingdon Church, in Burnaby again. This is one of our traditions, and also a great way to introduce someone to the gospel. Though I will not be in attendance, I hope that it will be a blessing to those who my girls will invite.

No comments:

Post a Comment