Saturday, June 25, 2016

Put expectations on Yourselves

One lady I correspond with on facebook had this to say about friends."Had a dream that I heard the out pouring of the spirit. Mend broken ties. And dreampt about friends of the past in the dark trying to get together for one last time. It was a nice message cause I know time is to short to hold grudges and not reconcile broken bonds. We are to love one another and uphold one another. Be each others backbone even if it means you're holding it alone. Even if they wronged you be the one to make it right. Time is so precious and short that any wrong emotion could hinder your walk all together. Jesus tells us to forgive those and turn your cheek 7xs70 and still more so. So, please take time today and pray for those who hurt you. Forgive them. For forgiveness doesn't free the bond between you both but frees you from hate, anger and allows you to move on. I had an experience like no other but a few days ago was reconciled. We may never be friends again but neither one have hard feelings on either side. I let it go long ago and just to get that message was a breath of fresh air. Many wonder how they can get over the hurt and pain. Its sinple pray and give it to God. I wouldnt have been able to let go had God came to me in a dream and showed me the grudge i was holding. It nver hurts the other person. It hurts yourself. So, that what I ask. God puts ppl in your life for a season and takes them out for a reason. His ways are above our ways. Seek out his love and understanding and then the healing will begin. God bless!"
I responded with,"
Yes, very important to forgive, infact a command by our Lord. Fellowshipping with them afterwards is definitely not manditory. I have had to let go numerous times, and have come to the conclusion, that if we even have one friend like David and Jonathan were, we are blessed. Jesus is our closest and dearest at all times who will NEVER disappoint us."

Just recently, my friend who ended our friendship of over 30 yrs, kept calling me for a month on the phone daily, and I did not answer. Finally, I realized that we have a block option, so we utilized it. I have forgiven her, and actually held nothing against her. She told me she wants to end it, so I said my good bye to her. I suppose she changed her mind, or wanted to explain herself later. I felt that I did not need further explanation, or clarification, so I have ignored her every call. The friendship was very draining over the years due to her hot temper and heavy Italian accent. I feel relieved that I don't hear her calls anymore, but instead hear the birds singing in my yard.
This morning I got up at 5 am. I picked some berries for breakfast and tidied up the front entrance, kitchen and bathrooms. I did a load of laundry, and fed the cats. Now I am sitting in bed with painkillers. Though the world may fall apart around us, and the expectations we have put on people disintegrate, I must be solely content with me and my walk with the Lord. The only person I can put expectations on is myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment