Thursday, June 30, 2016

Canada Day is Tomorrow: Friday July 1

Another beautiful day outside. It is slightly windy, cloudy, and sunny. Canada Day is Tomorrow! Meanwhile, my son in law is having his birthday today. My daughter has a surprise for him, which I can share with my readers tomorrow.
I managed to get up with lots of pain killers. Upon calling some appointments off, as I was walking with a cane this morning, I managed to cook a spaghetti meal, complete with sauteed peppers and onions, and fresh garlic from my garden. I also made a cucumber salad, European style with sliced cucumbers, vinegar, and sour cream, and crushed garlic. I even managed to put a tray of Saskatoon Berries together for my son in law. It is a nice finger food, that nobody will recognize, and will be the discussion of the afternoon, as they consume their little thimble  of jellied alcohol. No I am not in favor of it, but it is their grown up life. I think my daughter will have a rude awakening as to how much effort goes into preparation for a party. She can also pull it off, as she has learned the many skills from waitress over the years. So now, I'm back in bed after a bowl full of my spaghetti.
Our afternoon was interrupted by a call from the credit union, asking when we would like to sign all the papers. We have arranged for a notary public to oversee the contract. Wednesday is the big day, of next week. I thank God for arranging this for us, manageable payments, and lower interest rate for our retirement. I still  think that Jesus is coming back soon, and all our debts will be wiped out, however the bible says to occupy till He comes, and these are the necessary evils of this world.
Our hope and trust is in the Lord, not in the governments of our countries. However, we must pray for the leaders of the nations. Canada's very flag has a leaf in it's emblem..Rev 22;2 has this to say, 1Then the angel showed me a river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb, 2down the middle of the main street of the city. On either side of the river stood a tree of life, producing twelve kinds of fruit and yielding a fresh crop for each month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. 3No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be within the city, and His servants will worship Him.…

Of all the flags in the world, only the Canadian flag has this depiction of a leaf. I sure hope and pray that we can be a shining light for the multitudes of people. Let us be a light for those who are suffering from mental health! Happy Canada Day Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment