Thursday, June 16, 2016

Deborah's Bench Arrived!!!!!


Here is what we found out  today. Deborah's bench has been installed at the park across form our house.
Memorial Bench for Deborah Gordon added 4 new photos — at Bear Creek Park.
The view from the bench sees the running track, a children's playground, and the forest. All things I know she loved, and would love to see thriving.
It is a little surreal to be sitting here on this bench that was funded by those who knew Deborah closely, through friends, and even those who didn't know her well but still wanted to help make it happen.
Thank you to all who donated monetarily, and emotionally. Every single person who was involved directly and indirectly.. Thank you. From the bottom of my heart.
This bench was created as a place for those who wish to remember Deborah. And I hope I have succeeded, and that people will come to this place that is alive with youth, and elderly alike in a place they love and are happy being.
Through the wins and losses of these past few years, it is overwhelming to know that i have succeeded in seeing this through. That I have, hopefully, helped others to cope with loss in the only way I knew how.
It seemed so small when I started, and it grew into a community of those who wanted to see it through, just as much as I did.
Everyone has their ways of coping, and I've found mine.
(I will be creating an official event in August, but please feel free to visit as much as you would like until that time. Just a reminder that no memorial items are allowed to left on the bench i.e. wreaths, notes, flowers, etc. But are always welcome at her plot at Valleyview.)
(It is at location #3 on the following map ❤️)

No comments:

Post a Comment