Sunday, August 5, 2018

Today, My day of Rest

Today is a day of rest for me. My Japanese student left this morning . Hopefully, she was blessed with all the many experiences she took along with her. On her last day here she attended a Canadian wedding in a persons back yard. They had a band, caterered food, and a beautiful ceremony in nature. The friendships she made also will likely last a lifetime. I left her with a Japanese film that is a true story called; Shokari Pass.
After her departure, I was on my hands and knees de-icing my freezer with a blow dryer. There was so much ice formation on the elements on the bottom freezer part that it cut out all cold air to the upper fridge. I was already getting estimates for a new fridge, when somehow the fridge decided to revive itself once the ice was melted off. We no longer have a warranty on the service for it, so it was up to us to imitate what a Sears Service man once did. Thankfully, we saved about $2,000 by doing what we could. Now I have a decluttered freezer and fridge.
I am looking forward to cooler weather and a time of visitors this upcoming month. My leg is still not healed from the branch poke, so keep me in your thoughts. Right now, I have a silver based bandage on it. My appointment with the complex wound clinic is not taking place for a few weeks.  I also called my mom today in Florida. She was fixated on a fat lady that was visiting in her complex. She kept being fixated on this woman rather than what I was trying to share with her. Dementia is a horrible thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment