Tuesday, August 21, 2018

If you love someone, you will make time for them

I called my mom today in Florida. It happened to be right after lunch today. There was some background music at the old folks home, and a younger man who tried to talk with the residents. Mom was speaking faintly, not able to formulate a sentence more than three to four words. After talking about what has been happening in our life, I choose to sing to her hoping that the songs of faith will have a greater impact on her spirit than my words. I feel bad that I have not been able to call her frequently, but my leg, Japanese students, and Deborah's death anniversary has taken a huge toll on me. I am still adjusting to releasing my adult children, and expecting not to have a chat with them daily. Not only did I loose a daughter, but feel that the other three girls have exited my life too. I feel abandoned in a terrible way. I was told that this is not their intention, however, their busy lives seem to engulf them with their goals, and not the wholesome family encounters that are vital to relationships. I don't think that I can adjust. I will still hold onto the truth that if you love someone, you will make time for them no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment