Tuesday, August 21, 2018

To Us, She was Perfect

Hi Folks, I went downtown in this smoky city to have my leg ultrasound done at Vancouver General Hospital. Hopefully, I will hear of the result soon. All from a branch poke in the back yard in late May!! I felt that after giving Fraser Health 3 months to figure it out, it was time for a change, so I went to a Vancouver Hospital instead. I have a wonderful Jewish infectious control doctor who saw me in emergency the other day. He is doing everything he can to get to the bottom of the lump inside my lower leg. Two ladies looked at my leg today in two different rooms. I hope to have the results from the radiologist soon.
I also think you want to hear how August 18th went; the Anniversary of my daughter Deborah's death. It has not been 4 years since it happened. We had kept ourselves busy in the morning with cleaning, and the afternoon was taken up by going to the graveside, watching Deborah's slide show that we presented at the memorial service. My eldest daughter's boyfriend got familiar with the life of my sweetheart, and accompanied my 3 girls to the park at the bottom of the Patullo Bridge where she took her life. My girls told him all about those 2 days surrounding our finding out what happened. This young man, has also suffered the loss of friends to suicide. It is more common than we think.
Friends who stopped by brought beautiful yellow mums, bouquet's also pretty yellow and white. We had gourmet hot dogs, and salads, and chili. They also brought some newspaper articles and a book for distraction which was really appreciated. My now youngest girl decided to stay in her room to grieve. Thankfully, a girlfriend visited her in her room. Despite my prayers that we all learn to move forward somehow, and that Deborah would want us to be happy; the drastic reality that we will never see her again grown, or get to share in her life is mind boggling.
Her name, Deborah means sweetness, bumblebee, but I really named her after the Prophetess Deborah in the bible. She was one powerful, loving, sweet girl, who just wanted to be perfect. To us, she was perfect.
My eldest moving out a few months ago
Elizabeth (Deborah's eldest sister)
Deborah our Departed Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment