Monday, July 16, 2018

Very Hot and Dry Today

We are dealing with hot weather in the Lower Mainland of B.C. The curtains and windows are shut, and one air conditioner is running full blast. Only on Wednesday will it go down to 27C, but still no rain in the forecast. I am finding that I can work only a little around the house during the day time. I am still nursing a wound on my calves that I got from a stick almost 2 months ago. I have been faithfully going to get re bandaged every other day, but the strain is showing on me mentally.  It doesn't seem like a big hole anymore, but the area is tender and hurting. A wound clinic may be the next step to my recovery.
I made some cottage cheese noodles with bacon bits today. I washed the shower curtains, and some of the bathroom carpets, and that was all of my accomplishments.
 As I watch the meeting between Trump and Putin, I wonder what our journey in these last days will look like. What will our world look like for our children; grandchildren? Will they know to communicate or just text? Will they be healthier than the millenials, or baby-boomers? Will they change the world for the better? How will they demonstrate their influence and contribution? Will they be consumed by war? Will they be complacent and do nothing thinking all is well? History has demonstrated that if a righteous man does nothing evil will prevail. What are we doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment