Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Stuff Going On

As I comfortably sit in my cool living room with my leg raised, I can't help but think of the heatwave that has killed many on the Atlantic Coast from Canada to the United States. I spoke with my friend in Guelph Ontario today, and she feels stranded in her apartment. It is even hot to retrieve her mail, in the main entrance of her building. It feels like 40 Celcius on the street. She is an active lady, who has to stay indoors to stay cool at this time.
 I hear on the news that 3 young people died  who fell into a feeder pool at Shannon falls near Squamish, B.C. They fell 30 feet. Summer does not pass without incidents, and tragedy. A very difficult rescue operation is underway to find the bodies. Also, the gang shootings in Surrey, BC, where I live has dominated the news. The Sikh community is speaking to the mayor to see what can be done for additional protection of Surrey's citizens. Apparently, gang members are recruited even as young as 10 years of age.
We can throw up our hands and say there is nothing we can do, or do small steps to be the solution to these problems. Please continue to pray for the  Thailand children who are stranded in the flooded cave. The children do not know how to swim, and they may not be rescued during the monsoon season. They may not be able to rescue them for many months.

No comments:

Post a Comment