Wednesday, July 4, 2018

How I celebrated Canada Day (We are a young 151)

On the weekend I went to Cloverdale to learn and ride an interurban electric vehicle. Thousands of volunteer hours have brought the last four vehicles back to life in the Museum/garage clearly seen in the back ground. I loved riding on the track with my Brazilian student and hubby. We enjoyed Canada day with all these precious folks who love our heritage and our past. Since the invention of the tire, most of these vehicles were burned down, and replaced by buses. We enjoyed waving to the cars that had to stop for the interurban. We rolled through corn, and blueberry fields, as well as bridges over the Serpentine River. I highly recommend if you life in the Lower Mainland that you take the family on this fantastic ride. Everyone also gets to ride on a velocipede. We were treated to flags, canada flag pins, delicious cake and coffee, and good matured people.
This is not my husband but I was unable to copy and paste his picture. BUT this is a rail velocipede, and locally we have the only working one in the world that we are aware of.. The parts when they were received seemed like an ordinary bicycle, and they had to figure it out...
Two Drivers of the interurban electric locomotive

No comments:

Post a Comment