Friday, December 29, 2017

Saturated with the holiday cheers, food, and fatigue

I think I am saturated with the holiday cheers, food, and fatigue.  My tenant just called me from Ontario, where he said that with the wind chill factor it was minus 45 degrees. I told him that the pilot of his plane coming back, better defrost his wings; ha , ha. In the meantime, my Japanese student arrived, who is apparently has a cat allergy. Obviously, this will not work since we still have a cat living indoors, and one outdoors. We are hopeful, that it is just a fear of cats and not a cat allergy. Today, I hope to take her to see some Christmas decorations in Coquitlam, and tomorrow a trip to the Fort Langley Museum, whose doors are open for free for the last time this year. Once the Christmas season is over, she would not get to see the many lights, and decorations over the city of Vancouver.
Yesterday, I bought a bag full of christmas cards, gift wrappings, and chocolates that were on sale, at the local drug store. I almost missed out on the deals, which is not something I like to do. So after the many sales, I had my doctor send me off for x-ray of my right hand which contains the two screws put in almost a decade ago. I think something is wrong; perhaps the screws are coming loose, because I| woke up to excruciating pain in the middle of the night the other day.  My vein was pulsating so fast, just like the steam engine of a train. So now it is just a matter of waiting it out. seeing what the results will be.
I don't feel like cooking either. We crammed most of the turkey leftovers into the freezer. Yesterday, I made some turkey pot pies per the recommendations of a friend in Kelowna. It is a good idea to make these with all the leftover veggies and turkey.
As it is raining outside, I still hold unto the hope of a rapture this year. I am too tired to be of service in this world. I want to see |Jesus face to face. Life without Him, is meaningless.

No comments:

Post a Comment